Football Manager™ 2012 is the latest instalment of Sports Interactive’s football management series. We’ve once again strived to continue making the ultimate football simulation and we’re glad you’re a part of that. See the ‘What’s new’ section below for information on a host of new features.
If you’ve played any of our previous titles, then you may already class yourself as something of an expert – but there’s information in this manual for all levels of user. If you’re new to the series, this manual, in addition to the in-game tutorial and advisor systems, aims to fully acquaint you with every aspect of Football Manager™ 2012.
Should you have a question which isn’t covered somehow by these methods, or indeed if you have something you wish to share with the team, you can find us over at www.sigames.com or you can join our thriving online community at http://community.sigames.com.
1.1.1. What's New in FM12?
Football Manager™ 2012 has another fantastic set of new features for the upcoming season. The following are just some of the additions we’ve made to the game:
- Manage Anywhere, Anytime – the ability to add or take away playable nations in your saved game as often as you want. Manage in that country at the start of the next season- meaning you don’t have to decide on which nations are playable at the start of your career.
- Transfers & Contracts – significant changes to the transfer and contract systems, including loyalty bonuses, better implementation of amateur and youth contracts, an improved transfer centre and the ability to lock areas of the contract negotiation when you won’t aren't prepared to budge. This helps you manage your budgets and gives you flexibility in what you offer money hungry players, or agents, as incentives.
- Scouting improvements – using several real life scouting reports, a new in-game report was devised which includes squad analysis, tactics information and information about goals scored and conceded alongside lots of other scouting improvements, giving you all the information you need to prepare before kick-off and throughout the season.
- 3D Match Improvements – new animations, a whole new crowd system, improved weather system, more stadiums, plus two brand new cameras - "Behind Goal" and "Director Cam" as well as all other camera angles being reversible - meaning you can watch and analyse every aspect of every game.
- Intelligent Interface – a new adaptive layout system, which means the higher your screens resolution, the more info is easily at your fingertips. The new interface also contains new filters, customisable columns, a new tactics screen, and lots of new overview screens.
- Tone – a whole new level has been added to team talks and conversations, with the new tone system, which allows you to specify the way you want to say things – be as cool as a cucumber by saying things calmly, throw tea cups around by saying things with passion, with 5 different tones to choose from, and specific comments per tone.
- Brand New Tutorial – standing separate from the main game, a mode to help new players find their way around the game easily, whilst also offering tips to experienced managers on how to get the most out of the game, as well as a new in-game “how to” system.
On top of these key innovations, there are lots of areas of the game that have had huge improvements, such as the media system, press conferences, the youth system, newgens, the social networking options, friendlies, international management and many more.
© Sports Interactive Limited 2011. Published by SEGA Publishing Europe Limited. Developed by Sports Interactive Limited. SEGA and SEGA logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Corporation. Football Manager, Sports Interactive and the Sports Interactive Logos are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sports Interactive Limited. All other company names, brand names and logos are property of their respective owners. The Swoosh Design is a registered trademark of Nike, Inc. and Nike International Ltd. in various countries throughout the world.
Family Logo, "PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PSP" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
© 2011 Valve Corporation. Steam and the Steam logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Valve Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.